The applicant’s proposal is located in a platted subdivision. The applicant’s request is located in an area designated as Low Density Residential on the Cobb County Comprehensive Plan. The applicant’s proposal, as summarized in the planning comments, is proposed to be a full time business. The business could intensify over time, and could possibly encourage more requests for businesses in this residential area. Additionally, this application is the result of a complaint.
ECCA position: NO ACTION. Applicant has quietly run his business from this location for a number of years with no complaints. His location on Robinson Road has minimal impact of the surrounding neighborhood, and his neighbors support him. However the LUP can set a precedent along Robinson Road.
Planning Commission Recommendation: APPROVED 5-0 Subject to the following stipulations:
1. Applicant will only accept a client by appointment only. Any appointments will be scheduled so there is never more than one client at the residence at any given time.
2. Applicant will not have any signs of any kind at the site. There will be no visual indication or notification at the site that any business activity is being conducted.
3. Applicant will have no employees. There will not be any commercial activity on the site and no processing of any photographs will occur at the residence.
4. No customers will park in the county right-of-way and customers will all park in the large double driveway . There will be absolutely no parking on the street.
5. There will be no commercial deliveries of any merchandise on or at the site.
6. Applicant will not have outside storage or other visible equipment at the site. Applicant will not have any inventory or equipment that generates any noise.
7. Applicant will not have any commercial vehicles at the site.
8. The LUP is for 12 months.
Petition will be on the consent agenda of the Board of Commissioners Zoning Hearing.